Hi, I’m Vareesh (he/him) and I’m your President (Postgraduate) 2023-24.
In this role, I’m the lead representative of postgraduate students at the University, and I sit on key committees at the University. I’m most passionate about a sustainable and all-inclusive future. Effectively tackling the issue of students’ cost-of-living crisis and enhancing their Cambridge experience are among my top two priorities that I am keen to address during my time as the President (PG) at Cambridge Students’ Union.
Before assuming the SU office as a full-time sabbatical officer, I enjoyed enriching students’ experiences as Treasurer of Lucy Cavendish MCR and as the Engineering PG (Taught) Representative. Academically, I am pursuing MPhil in Energy Technologies at the Engineering Department and have a deep interest in decarbonizing transport and heating systems. Despite having a formal education in Engineering, I have also been championing labour rights, including successfully advocating as a litigant-in-person in Indian Labour Courts. Let’s fine-tune the System!!
WHAT I'M WORKING ON AND LATEST UPDATES
There are no current news articles.
university Committees I sit on:
As your President (PG), I sit on the following University committees to help deliver institutional change and voice student concerns.
- Alumni Advisory Board
- Cambridge Zero management committee
- Careers Service Committee
- Council Business Committee
- Council Committee for the Supervision of Students' Unions
- Levies Panel
- PGR Supervisor Arrangements WG
- Postgraduate Admissions Committee (PAC)
- Postgraduate Committee
- Prevent & Freedom Of Speech Committee
- Senior Tutors' Committee
- SRMH sub-group: PG Advisory
- Joint Working Group on Size and Shape
- Transport Working Group (ESSC Sub-Committee)
- University Council
MY MANIFESTO & ACCOUNTABILITY documents