I’m Fergus (he/him) and I’m your President (Undergraduate) 2023-24.
In this role, I’m the lead representative of undergraduate students at the University, and I sit on a range of committees and working groups. My highest priorities for the year are delivering tangible change for students via the SU, above all by organising the provision of free prescriptions at Colleges, improving transparency about and access to funding for societies, and reforming the commercial and governance sides of the SU itself.
At the University level, I’m committed to driving forward climate action and centring students in our response to industrial action, as well as working with other Sabbatical Officers to campaign on issues like workload reform and improved financial support for students. Please feel free to get in touch with any questions or ideas - I’m always keen to hear students’ thoughts about how the University (and the SU!) could do better. This is your Students’ Union. To be our best, we need you.
WHAT I'M WORKING ON AND LATEST UPDATES
There are no current news articles.
university Committees I sit on:
As your President (UG), I sit on the following University committees to help deliver institutional change and voice student concerns.
- Access and Participation Plan Scrutiny Group (APPSG)
- Alumni Advisory Board
- Alumni Advisory Board Communications Working Group
- Careers Service Committee
- Council Committee for the Supervision of Students' Unions
Environmental Sustainability Strategy Committee
- Industrial Action Taskforce
- Information Services Committee
- Levies Panel
- Planning and Resources Committee
- Prevent & Freedom Of Speech Committee
- Senior Tutors' Committee
- Societies Syndicate
- Societies Syndicate: Technical Committee
- Student Information Systems Committee
- University Council
MY MANIFESTO & ACCOUNTABILITY documents