Hi, I’m Ell (She/They) and I am your Disabled Students’ Officer 2023-2024!
I recently finished 3 years of HSPS (specialising in Sociology) at Lucy Cavendish College. Whilst I enjoyed my time as a student, I found navigating life as a Disabled Student at Cambridge challenging. I now want to use this role to continue the great work of my predecessors and the Disabled Students’ Campaign (DSC), working collaboratively to advocate for change and the needs of Disabled Students. My role involves sitting on committees to champion the voices of disabled students, fighting for change to improve experiences for Disabled students and running the DSC. This year some of my priorities include continuing the work on lecture capture, improving the accessibility of all spaces across the collegiate university, and working with the ADRC to monitor and improve the consistency of support offered to Disabled Students. If you have any queries or want to get involved with the DSC please reach out.
With Joy and Solidarity,
WHAT I'M WORKING ON AND LATEST UPDATES
There are no current news articles.
university Committees I sit on:
As your Disabled Students' Officer, I sit on the following University committees to help deliver institutional change and voice student concerns.
- Accommodation Syndicate
- Sub-Committee for Communicable Diseases
- Steering Group for the Review of Examination and Assessment Adjustments, Allowances and Mitigations
- EDI Committee
- Exam & Assessment Committee
- Inclusive Learning and Teaching Advisory Group (ILTAG)
- Joint Wellbeing Committee JWC
- Operational Subcommittee of JWC
- SRMH sub-group: NHS
- SRMH sub-group: Stepped Care
- SRMH sub-group: Training
- Sub-Committee on Accessibility
- Libraries accessibility committee
MY MANIFESTO & ACCOUNTABILITY documents