Information all Postgrads should know about Assessments

examsFeatured news
yellow illustrated exam table with the words exam support written on it

IMPORTANT!! Disabled students who have not already applied for reasonable adjustments and need to do so, can find information about the process, who to contact and what may be needed for an application, as well as links to further information in our Guide.


During the assessment process: 

If something unexpected happens during the assessment period, you should seek support. Make sure you let someone know early - your College Postgraduate Tutor, College Nurse, Supervisor, Course Director, etc. It is also important to obtain medical evidence early. 

If you are sitting exams and are not able to sit one or more, you should contact your College Tutorial Office to let them know you are unwell or make them aware of your situation. If you are unwell during the exam, you should inform the invigilator (if the exam is in person), or the College Tutorial Office if the exam is online. You should also seek medical advice for your benefit and gather supporting evidence if your results are negatively affected. You might need to submit an application to the University to let them know of your situation. You can access further information in our Guide.


After the assessment process: 

Nobody wants to think about what happens if your assessment doesn’t go to plan, but it can be useful to be aware of your options as most processes have deadlines. The options available to you depend on your course and the type of issue that affected your assessment. 

Our Flowchart for processes on examination-related issues could help you identify what options might be available to you. Through these processes, you can let the University know about the issues you experienced, the impact they had on your studies and/or on your assessment results.


Everyone at Cambridge SU wishes you the best of luck in your assesments or exams, you've got this!


Other news