Advice and Welfare Manager
Listed by Cambridge SU
Application deadline: Wed 03 Jan 2024 09:00
To apply please email your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com. Your cover letter should address how you meet the criteria outlined in the above job description and person specification, and should cover no more than two sides of A4.
If you would like an informal discussion about the role and its requirements, please email Oli Gray, Interim Director of Membership Engagement on firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact details and availability.
£32,644.00 - £40,261.00 (depending on experience)
Full Time (35 hours per week) Permanent Contract
Wed 10 Jan 2024
Applicants should notify us in advance if they foresee any dates being problematic.
Overview of Responsibilities
All duties and responsibilities are at the direction of the Director of Membership Engagement.
- Develop strategies and plans for the growth of the support offered by the Student Advice Service
- Deliver the strategic objective for supporting students, in line with the Cambridge SU Strategy
- Act as the primary or secondary budget holder for relevant budgets within the Advice Team
- Manage the work of the Advice Team in line with the Operational Plan and sub-strategy
- Attend weekly management team meetings
- Line Manage three members of staff in the Advice Team
- To deliver targets outlined in the SU’s strategic plan
- To contribute and assist in the SU’s planning processes and the review of its performances and systems
- To attend meetings, training events and conferences where necessary
- To liaise as required with University and College personnel and appropriate external organisations
- To portray the SU in a positive, proactive and professional manner
- To be involved with SU wide events as required
- To undertake your own administrative tasks
- To provide cover, where appropriate, for other staff during holidays, sickness etc
Additional resources: Organisational Chart