Hi, I'm Ani (she/her), and I am your PG Access, Education, and Participation (AEP) officer for 2023-24!
I just finished an MPhil in Bioscience Enterprise, following an MEng in Chemical Engineering with a focus on people-oriented systems. I joined the University of Cambridge as a disabled, mature student, 1st gen immigrant, and care giver. Naturally, I spent a lot of time navigating all things AEP, and engaging with PG students across widening participation backgrounds. I chose to run for the PG AEP role because I felt as though postgrads inhabit a weird space between undergrads and Fellows on campus, and I could see how low engagement with College and University services is a symptom of complex needs not being fully met. I aim to apply my background in improving complex systems, as well as previous experiences in negotiations, grassroots advocacy, and public policy, to catering for these specific needs.
As PG AEP officer, I represent PG students on many University-wide committees attended by senior decision makers (including the Vice-Chancellor and Pro-Vice-Chancellors), in relation to education policy, widening participation, admissions, and beyond. I want to bring students closer to these spaces by reforming Cambridge SU's relationship with MCR Committees, improving the way important information is communicated to students, and streamlining service directories.
When it comes to representing students, I will be focusing on reducing financial pressures on self-funded and international students, improving the research and undergraduate supervision processes so that PG students feel protected both as students and employees, and tackling isolation among demographic groups that show the lowest engagement with College and University spaces and services.
Please reach out with any questions or thoughts, or if you would like to get involved!
WHAT I'M WORKING ON AND LATEST UPDATES
There are no current news articles.
university Committees I sit on:
As your Access, Education & Participation Officer (PG), I sit on the following University committees to help deliver institutional change and voice student concerns.
- Academic Standards & Enhancement Committee
- Bangledeshi, Pakistani and Arab Access and Widening Participation working group
- Black Access & Widening Participation Working group
- Black Advisory Hub
- CUL decolonisation working group
- General Board
- General Board's Education Committee
- Libraries Education Advisory group
- Libraries Syndicate
- PRC Recruitment & Funding Subcommittee
- PGR Supervisor Arrangements WG
- Postgraduate Admissions Committee (PAC)
- Postgraduate Committee
- Postgraduate Tutors' Committee
- Postgraduate Widening Participation Strategy Group
- Postgraduate Widening Participation Working group
- Research Culture Steering Committee
- Senior Tutors' Standing Committee on Education
- SRMH sub-group: PG Advisory
- Student Skills Working Group
- University Research Ethics Committee
MY MANIFESTO & ACCOUNTABILITY documents