Exams may appear a terrifying prospect, but remember, they are designed for you to demonstrate what you have learned throughout the year, not to catch you out.

Flowchart for Processes on Examination-Related Issues

If you experienced issues with the conduct of the examination or had mitigating circumstances such as illness or grave cause, our Flowchart for Processes on Examination-Related Issues could help you identify what options might be available to you.

Guide to Getting Through Exams

Our Guide to getting through Exams has guidance and information on any concerns you may have about your exams and tips on how to de-stress before the test. Additionally, sources of information on managing exam stress can also be found on the University Student Wellbeing pages and on the Student Minds webpage here.




Information Guide on the Examination Review Procedure

For issues relating to the conduct of the examination, all students can find more information in this guide. If you are registered for one of the following degrees: B.D, M.D, Vet.M.D, Ph.D., Bus.D, Eng.D, M.Sc, M.Litt, M.Phil. Degree by dissertation or Certificate of Postgraduate Study, and experienced mitigating circumstances, you can request an Examination Review.

Information Video on the Examination Review Procedure

We have also produced an information video on the Examination Review Procedure, including details on the different grounds of the procedure and examples of evidence that could be provided to support your application. This information video can be found here.

Guidance for Filling in the Examination Review Form

This guidance is for students who submit an Examination Review and need assistance in filling in the Examination Review Form.

In this guide, you can find information such as what you might want to consider before filling in the form, an example of how a case could be presented, the next steps after you submit the form and where to access further support.



Examination allowances for undergraduate and certain postgraduate students

Information Guide on Examination Allowances

Undergraduate and postgraduate students studying towards one of these degrees: EMBA, LLM, MASt, MBA, MCL, MEng, MFin, MMath, MMus, MSci and PGCE, MPhil by Advanced Study, MRes, MEd and MSt degrees and the Certificate of Postgraduate Study (CPGS) and Postgraduate Diplomas in Economics, Legal Studies and International Law, and who have experienced mitigating circumstances, can submit an Examination Allowance.

Guidance on Writing Your Personal Statement for an Examination Allowance

You can write a personal statement to support your application for an Examination Allowance.

This resource provides guidance on points you could consider including in your statement, an example of a personal statement and a template to help you draft your own statement.

Template - Personal Statement for an Examination Allowance

This is a template to help you write your own personal statement for an Examination Allowance in a word document. If you need it in a different format, please contact the Student Advice Service who would be happy to help.

Guidance on Medical Evidence

This guide is for students who submit applications on medical grounds to the University for an Examination Allowance, Examination Review or Intermission. You can share these notes with your medical practitioner to assist them in providing your medical evidence. Depending on your circumstances, this guidance might be helpful to you in other situations.



Examination Complaints

For complaints relating to academic provision (course content; resources; facilities; or information provided about the course) and/or the standards of service from the University, including postgraduate supervision and University tuition which you feel may have impacted on your studies you can make a complaint through the Student Complaint Procedure. You should raise your complaint as soon as it occurs or at least within 28 days of the matter arising. 

If you have been impacted by Covid-19 and wish to submit a complaint you can access details of the procedure here. The deadline to raise a complaint was 19 July 2021. If for good reason you missed the deadline, you might still be able to submit your complaint explaining the reason for lateness and providing supporting evidence. The University will consider your reason for lateness and the evidence and will either let you know that the complaint will be considered or that the complaint is out of time. 

We recommend that you seek support and advice before submitting your complaint and this could be from a College/Graduate Tutor or the Student Advice Service.  The Student Advice Service can guide you through the complaint process, including helping you present your complaint as comprehensively as possible. 


Make an appointment

Make an appointment or submit an enquiry here.

You are also welcome to send us an email at advice@cambridgesu.co.uk.