Cambridge has a community of several thousand international students. This page will give you information you may need as an international student in Cambridge either before you arrive, or during your time in Cambridge. Cambridge University International Student Office provides specialist support to students who come to study at Cambridge from outside the UK, help promote and support student mobility opportunities and administer some specific international finding awards. The UK Council for International Student Affairs (UKCISA) also provides a wealth of information relating to all aspects of study and student life for international students.


Financial Support


Health and Welfare

The National Health Service (NHS) is the UK's state healthcare system providing a wide range of health care services including appointments with a doctor, hospital treatment and dental care. 

For advice on provision and cost of health services such as doctors and dentists see the advice by UKCISA. As a Cambridge University student you are entitled to free access and full use of the University Counselling Service, the Disability Resource Centre, and your College Nurse.


Immigration, Visas and Support

Making sure you take time to sort out your student visa is incredibly important whether you are applying from outside the UK to begin a course at Cambridge, or whether you are applying in Cambridge for an extension. The Home Office will give you information on applying for a visa, extending a visa and answering all your immigration related questions as well as send you the relevant documents from Cambridge University. The International Students Office provides visa advice on a range of UK student-related immigration matters. The service is available to those with an offer to study at Cambridge, current students and their family members.


The Cambridge SU International Students' Campaign represents international students, organises events and campaigns about international life.