Application deadline: Mon 18 Oct 2021 23:59
Please see the information pack and submit the following by no later than 5pm Monday 18th October:
Supporting statement outlining why you're interested in this vacancy, what you'll bring to the role & outlining relevant experience (maximum two sides A4).
Please layout your supporting statement to address the each of the items listed on the person specification.
Submit your application to email@example.com
Please contact the Gabbi Foreman (Director of Membership Engagement, Deputy CEO) if you'd like to arrange a time discuss to role further via phone call (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The job's primary purpose is to be the lead in developing the management and support systems for student groups at the University of Cambridge. The role-holder will establish regular opportunities for the development of societies; this role will be essential for laying the foundations of the SU’s plans to offer formalised support to the student groups at Cambridge University. This will involve working alongside University stakeholders to develop a partnership approach to societies support, gaining the SU a formal role in the official registration of student societies.
The role holder should approach the role with a long-term vision and be prepared to present models, alongside the Director of Membership Engagement, for the development of student groups. Part of the role will include blue-sky thinking of future projects such as recognition initiatives and individual development opportunities.
Volunteer Support & Recognition
The Activities Manager will have oversight of the Shadowing Scheme, the UK’s largest Access & Widening Participation residential event. The role holder will provide support to the Access and Widening Participation Coordinator who will project manage the event. This is the SU’s largest volunteer event for volunteer recruitment and development and we’d foresee the role holder helping to develop the support and recognition of volunteers at the SU.
Key Events the Activities Team deliver:
- Freshers’ Fair
- Refreshers’ Initiatives
- The Shadowing Scheme
- The Garden Party
Overview of Duties:
All duties and responsibilities are at the direction of the Director of Membership Engagement.
Student Group Support
- Develop strategies and plans for the growth of the support offered by the SU to student groups
- Oversee the registration, and de-registration, of university student groups in the SU systems (expected to be worked on alongside the Societies Coordinator)
- Work with the Welfare and Training Coordinator to implement training plans and frameworks for student groups to operate within
- Maintain regular communication with registered students groups
- Build relationships with key contacts within the university community to improve the support for SU society/student group development
- Act as one of the lead Fair Organisers (alongside the Events Coordinator) for the annual Freshers Fair
- Oversee overall risk analysis of SU student opportunities, including support provided to the Cambridge Student
- Develop relationships with leading student volunteering and charitable fundraising groups
- Ensure the regular running of Parent-Toddler groups for student parents
- Develop the Activities Team departmental plan, in line with the Cambridge SU Strategy
- Act as the primary or secondary budget holder for relevant budgets within the Activities Team
- Manage the work of the Activities Team, setting regular targets and goals
- Attend fortnightly management team meetings
- Line Manage the Access and Widening Participation Coordinator
- Line Manage the Events Coordinator
- Line Manage the Societies Coordinator
- Deputise for the Director of Membership Engagement as required